Page 1 of 1
Pin results window
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:56 am
I usually want to "close window on execute". But sometimes I need to flick between a few different results to check which is the right one. Then I have to go into Options, uncheck "close on execute", and remember to check it again when I've finished. It would be nice to have a little 'pin' button on the results window to keep the window open when I double-click on a file.
Re: Pin results window
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:46 am
I'll consider a toolbar button to toggle close window on execute.
Thanks for the suggestion.
For now, please consider creating a keyboard shortcut to execute and NOT close the window:
- In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Keyboard tab on the left.
- To the right of show commands containing, type in the following:
- Select File | Open selection and do not close Everything
- Press Shift + Enter and click OK.
- Click OK.
- Now when you select a result and press Shift + Enter, Everything will open the result and stay opened.