Offline Files

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
ms264556

Offline Files

Post by ms264556 »

I have Everything running as a service, and it discovers all of my offline files (C:\Windows\CSC\v2.0.6\namespace\[UncPathToFile]), which is great!
Unfortunately, my user account doesn't have permission to access these files directly, so I have to note their location and then manually open them.

It would be great if Everything could understand Offline Files folder structure, and open the files from the network location; or let me configure some sort of mapping table manually for this purpose.
void
Developer

Re: Offline Files

Post by void »

Added to my TODO list, thanks for the suggestion.
bludin

Post by bludin »

I just want to second this request. Being able to not only find but access offline files would be the single most useful improvement to this wonderful software.

Beat
ms264556

Post by ms264556 »

I ran across another topic which shows how to do this.

If anyone else is trying to automatically map offline files for a few mapped drives then you can follow the "Allow custom remapping of file paths" instructions at viewtopic.php?t=5933#p17001. So, for my case where I had parts of a "Home" H: drive and a "Projects" P: drive pinned, my Everything.ini additions/changes (highlighted) were:-

auto_remove_offline_ntfs_volumes=0

ntfs_volume_guids="\\\\?\\Volume{C DRIVE GUID}","\\\\?\\Volume{C DRIVE GUID}","\\\\?\\Volume{C DRIVE GUID}"
ntfs_volume_paths="C:","H:\\","P:\\"
ntfs_volume_roots="","Windows\\CSC\\v2.0.6\\namespace\\{H DRIVE ROOT UNC PATH}","Windows\\CSC\\v2.0.6\\namespace\\{P DRIVE ROOT UNC PATH}"
ntfs_volume_includes=1,1,1
ntfs_volume_load_recent_changes=0,0,0
ntfs_volume_include_onlys="","",""
ntfs_volume_monitors=1,1,1

exclude_folders="c:\\Windows\\CSC\\v2.0.6\\namespace\\{H DRIVE ROOT UNC PATH}","c:\\Windows\\CSC\\v2.0.6\\namespace\\{P DRIVE ROOT UNC PATH}"

Works great!