Sorting of Files and Folders

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
bw86

Sorting of Files and Folders

Post by bw86 »

Please can we have an option to sort Files and Folders together, instead of Folders first, then Files? I often need to rename Folders according to their content, and have to keep scrolling up and down the list, even though I sort by Path.
adamantine

Re: Sorting of Files and Folders

Post by adamantine »

your suggestion is very similar to my 'comprehensive view' idea
(which unfortunately was left without support by other users and also without relpy by ET creator)

the difference between our topics is that implementation of my suggestion will fulfill your wish and as well will make the process of renaming visually more convenient
Stamimail

Post by Stamimail »

I got the same problem.
EDIT: I needed this feature only when sorting by PATH.
Last edited by Stamimail on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disillusioned

Post by disillusioned »

I've used Everything daily for years and am eternally grateful for it. Being able to see files and folders sorted together would make it perfect for my use. Thanks for considering it!
MelFC

Post by MelFC »

I'd like to add my vote to sorting files and folders together. Thanks for explaining why this is technically difficult. If possible, it would be very helpful. Thanks for providing such a useful tool!
Janus

Post by Janus »

If there was a toggle beside search:filters, then we could have the best of both worlds.

I have a similar issue with explorer++, which likes to lop extensions off of directory names.

Janus.