Add: Sendto to context menu

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
eswul62

Add: Sendto to context menu

Post by eswul62 »

It would be nice if a list of selected files could be 'send to' a file renamer using context menu.
In my Explorer I have a context menu item Send To with a subitem the filerenamer that I use.
Use this option regularly from within Explorer/Opus.

Right now renaming from within Everything is supported by using F2 only.

Thanks

-
therube

Re: Add: Sendto to context menu

Post by therube »

You should be able to do that now.

Now while there may not be a "direct" context menu item to do that, you can set up a (Windows) SendTo "item".

Select a set of files in Everything, right-click, Send To, (& then select your Sendto shortcut to Advanced Renamer (or whatever renamer works for you).

Similar to what I describe here with "send to" Hasher, http://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4409.

(Now why didn't I think of this yesterday when I was renaming a diverse set of files, found by Everything!)

(Now I've got to find a renamer, that suits me, & also accepts file [& directory] input from "SendTo".)

[I kind of recall, quirks, pretty sure it dealt with Everything, when sending files from context menu, but I'm not finding the post? Maybe it was ... ah, no, not Everything, it was some of Nirsoft's utilities that had limitations...]
eswul62

Post by eswul62 »

Ai..

Yes, You are right...!

Wish I hadn't asked here, because it was there all the time...!
1bang.gif
1bang.gif (4.43 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
Tsk tsk tsk...

Guess I had a blackout (no, I don't drink and/or go out late)
or simply overlooked it and thus went on to look into the settings of Everything instead.
Deep sigh...
(regretfully I can't delete this thread)

Thanks anyway for getting back on this.
-
therube

Post by therube »

Just a little followup...

For this kind of thing, most times I'll use 1-4a Rename.
1-4a is one that will accept a list of names, rather then dealing strictly with directories, making it more versatile in this usage. Could it be better, yes, but get a feel for the program, its idiosyncrasies & you should be OK. (Or find another that fits your particular needs...)
eswul62

Post by eswul62 »

Thanks a lot!
I am having Flash Renamer in my SendTo context menu.
Flash Renamer in my opinion is the best renamer there is.
Regretfully it is not being developed any further, i.e. there will not be any new versions.
Only minor patches will be released.
I have looked at and tried out -many- renamers, freeware/shareware, but I truly believe this one is the most flexible.
Second best is Advanced Renamer.
Many other renamers, like BRU and to some extend 1-4a, have an 'overwhelming' GUI, with numerous boxes for all kinds of stuff.
I am more in favor of an explorer-like GUI.
Another example is Rename Expert http://www.rename-expert.com/screenshots.aspx
(Regretfully the support of Rename Expert is poor, so I dropped it)

Anyway, thanks for the follow up.

-