open is better

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
ericn43

open is better

Post by ericn43 »

This is an amazing app, but there are still some weakness like memory leakage etc. To remove such things is boring and tiring for only one person. So I guess to open the source is a better way to improve it. What do you think, dude?
cacamama

Re: open is better

Post by cacamama »

David said he considered releasing the source. I agree that this would benefit the project greatly.

What about ads? Put a thin bar that displays ads related to the keywords entered during that search session (google ads?). Put an option to disable it, I know I would keep it on. It would generate a lot of revenue, and would hardly be visually obtrusive.

I know a lot of people will disagree (and even lash out at me for even contemplating this), but as long as the source is available, and the bar displays ads related to entered keywords, it is no more evil than google or last.fm.
DickPape

Post by DickPape »

Lash, lash. I would rather pay for it than have ads. I don't want it calling home either. The goal is speedy delivery.
cacamama

Post by cacamama »

It won't call home. The source will be available and it will only upload keywords. Privacy is overrated. Piracy is not =)