Suggestion: Make Specific Ext. of Files At Top

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
ajaybnl

Suggestion: Make Specific Ext. of Files At Top

Post by ajaybnl »

When i discovered Everything and used for first day, :o it saved my life of finding files from my disks rather than win7's sluggish search platform.

It is a very very useful tool for geeks like me. :D

Here's what i feel:

I have collections of rar files which i have downloaded from internet day by day. ( I keep them rar because it remains safe from viruses plus saves disk space)
When i use Everything, search my files, i see lots of folders on the top, If i have a option to put rar files at the top, it will be very easy to get desired file early.

So my Suggestions are written below.

1) Option to list desired extentions of files at top.

2) Option to remove all folders from search. ( not in keyword, we cannot type them every time)

3) Option to Scroll Search Results automaticly. (Present Autoscroll is a different option in the Everything)

Thats it. :)
therube

Re: Suggestion: Make Specific Ext. of Files At Top

Post by therube »

1. you can get 1 extension. something like

Code: Select all

!folder:  .rar
2. !folder:
or suppose (but not sure?) you could set up a filter to include everything except folders
nagan

Re: Suggestion: Make Specific Ext. of Files At Top

Post by nagan »

I can tell you briefly. Menu>search>Add to filters. Here you can enter the search parameters , keyboard short cut key macro etc and OK them. You can tick Filters in Menu>View. From the filter box you can select your Rar filter. Alternately you can call it by a keyboard shortcut...Find for yourself as you are a geek . ;)