option to toggle the unselected objects

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
adamantine

option to toggle the unselected objects

Post by adamantine »

seemingly it is not a very required possibility but it may be useful from time to time

i suggest to implement an option to hide/show all the unselected folders/files in the result list
for instance, this new 'selected objects only' option may be placed in 'view' menu (by default - without the tick)
void
Developer

Re: option to toggle the unselected objects

Post by void »

Interesting idea...

I am thinking of ways I could implement this...
Maybe a temporary index that you add your files to with Edit -> Add to Temp Index.

You could search your temporary index with the search temp: this could be made a filter, or a toggle in the search menu.
You could clear your temporary index with Edit -> Clear Temp Index.
adamantine

Post by adamantine »

all recent years i constantly recollect this possible feature. and i realize that it could helped me a lot in many situations
earlier in this topic i was speaking about the option to hide/show all unselected objects. but it seems that the option to hide/show all selected objects could be even more convenient

and by the way, the file search application called 'hddb' has such an option: main menu -> edit -> hide selected items
(though it is not obviously how to display all items again - seemingly there is no way to do it)

maybe this information will help somehow (to implement the similar option in ET)
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thanks for the hide/show selected items suggestion, I'll consider adding this as an option to Everything.