Export with full path (quotes)

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Lanny636

Export with full path (quotes)

Post by Lanny636 »

I stumbled on the export function and realized how useful it is for exporting file/folder lists and using them as inputs for batch files. But in the plain text files (.txt) the filepaths are missing quotes so the value won't get filled in correctly. In the settings there is an option for exactly that, but it is only meant for the "copy path name" in the data menu AFTER everything is marked in the search field (using clip board copy, not export).

So basically instead of doing the search, marking, copying path names and then using an open text editor to paste them into it, it would be useful to give the export function the ability to export with full quotes, to reduce all that unnecessary copying and saving.

Instead of this workflow it would be:
1) Open search/use bookmark (love that function btw).
2) Export in data menu OR use shortcut for export CTRL+S (already with a shortcut also pretty nice).
3) Saving as textfile (it even remembers the last saved location, so just replace the necessary files).

Or do I miss something? I haven't found any other setting to change that and with the other export files like cvs the paths are actually in full quotes, just not in a plain text file.
void
Developer

Re: Export with full path (quotes)

Post by void »

I have put on my TODO list to add an option to double quote paths when exporting as text.

Thank you for the suggestion.
void
Developer

Re: Export with full path (quotes)

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1295a adds a txt_double_quote ini setting.

To double quote filenames when exporting as text:
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /txt_double_quote=1
  • If successful, txt_double_quote=1 is shown in the status bar for a few seconds.