Tagging and Commenting ETA?

General discussion related to "Everything".
endtro

Tagging and Commenting ETA?

Post by endtro »

Hey, there!
I wanted to ask if there's an ETA on tagging and commenting feature for files and folders? I've been waiting for it to be implemented for quite some time, as I really need to start using something like that.
The way I see it, Everything may turn out to be the best solution for this kind of task, better than heavy and unnecessarily complicated Tabbles.
NotNull

Re: Tagging and Commenting ETA?

Post by NotNull »

Short answer: no known ETA at this moment.

Tagging is one of the many things on the to-do list for the next major version. Everything 1.5

@void, the developer, is currently working full-time (and beyond!) on creating an alpha release of Everything 1.5.
Not all things from the to-do list will be included in version 1.5 (obviously), but tagging has been suggested quite a few times, so if we are lucky it will be included too!

P.S: I tried Tabbles some time ago. Created a very heavy load on the system. IIRC correctly, it even required a dedicated SQL server.
I bet Everything can do *a lot* better than that :)
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

endtro wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:07 pm Hey, there!
I wanted to ask if there's an ETA on tagging and commenting feature for files and folders? I've been waiting for it to be implemented for quite some time, as I really need to start using something like that.
The way I see it, Everything may turn out to be the best solution for this kind of task, better than heavy and unnecessarily complicated Tabbles.
I found tagging very usable in the file manager XYplorer.
Also I can search with Everything from inside of it.
endtro

Post by endtro »

NotNull wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:39 pm Short answer: no known ETA at this moment.

Tagging is one of the many things on the to-do list for the next major version. Everything 1.5

@void, the developer, is currently working full-time (and beyond!) on creating an alpha release of Everything 1.5.
Not all things from the to-do list will be included in version 1.5 (obviously), but tagging has been suggested quite a few times, so if we are lucky it will be included too!

P.S: I tried Tabbles some time ago. Created a very heavy load on the system. IIRC correctly, it even required a dedicated SQL server.
I bet Everything can do *a lot* better than that :)
Thanks for a reply! That's Good enough for me to keep waiting! :)

horst.epp wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:16 pm I found tagging very usable in the file manager XYplorer.
Also I can search with Everything from inside of it.
Wow, I actually heard about it and somehow forgot to check it out. I'm gonna take a look at it in the meantime. Thanks!
void
Developer

Post by void »

Display, searching, sorting by and indexing tags is mostly complete.

There's still a little more to do before an alpha release.
I still need to add support for editing tags within Everything which should happen during alpha/beta.