Indexing schedule

General discussion related to "Everything".
kumar

Indexing schedule

Post by kumar »

I suppose Everything indexes when the app is launched and periodically (how often?). My questions are:
1. Does everything reindex only incrementally when it indexes periodically?

2. Is it possible to schedule Everything to index only at a specified time of the day for example at 10 PM daily when I'm not using my computer and not any other time, i.e., not when it is launched and not periodically? This will mean that Everything will index at night when I'm not using the computer as opposed to reindexing constantly all throughout the day. When it is launched, Everything can use the existing indexed database and not start reindexing again.

Thanks.
therube

Re: Indexing schedule

Post by therube »

Maybe describe your situation & the issue you're having or the issue you're trying to avert?
kumar

Post by kumar »

Well, I just want indexing done once a day and Everything to use last indexed database as opposed to indexing constantly because it consumes significant enough cpu, memory, and disk usage when it is reindexing that it is interfering with my day time work. It would be nice to just have it index at the night when I'm not using the computer.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

kumar wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 pm Well, I just want indexing done once a day and Everything to use last indexed database as opposed to indexing constantly because it consumes significant enough cpu, memory, and disk usage when it is reindexing that it is interfering with my day time work. It would be nice to just have it index at the night when I'm not using the computer.
Switch of NTFS indexing and add Folder indexing for this drives.
There you can set the time on every day you want the indexing to run.