Wouldn't it be possible to store the LastRunVersion in everything.ini and detect if the current exe version has changed, and if so, instruct Everything to stop / restart the Service itself, rebuild the database, etc as it deems necessary? I just find the whole process surprisingly extraneous given that Everything handles all of this on its own upon first time use.To run a nightly build:
- Completely exit Everything (right click the Everything system tray icon and click Exit).
- From the Start menu, type in:
- Right click Services and click Run as administrator.
- Right click Everything and click Stop Service.
- Overwrite your existing Everything.exe with one of the zipped Everything.exe below.
- In Services, Right click Everything and click Start Service.
- Run Everything.exe
A quick glance at everything.ini tells me that "1.4.1" could not be found, suggesting that Everything doesn't attempt to remember which version was last running.