Quickly include the exclude list entries in the result list?

General discussion related to "Everything".
Alex_Void

Quickly include the exclude list entries in the result list?

Post by Alex_Void »

Hi together,

I am using Everything since quite a few years. Wonderful Tool! What would my life be without it...no kidding! eg. the structure of my folders is not important anymore. Everything I need I find with Everything ;)

There is one thing I am wondering though...

In the options, Indexes, Exclude, Enable exclude list - I have around 150 entries. Reason: I need to exclude all those many temp- and recent-directories in my daily business life. In a normal result list that simply disturbs.

Now, sometimes for administrating my Windows machine, it is good to have those temp files also in the result list.

But switching between those 2 use cases is time consuming. As soon as I untick "Enable exclude list" and press OK, Everything is scanning everything again. And because my list of Folders contains around 15 mapped network drives, this takes a long time.

Is there a way to shorten this? Maybe with Multiple Instances as described here?
http://www.voidtools.com/support/everyt ... _instances
2 different Everything instances with 2 different databases? One database with the exclude list enabled for daily life. And one database with the exclude list disabled for admin purposes and finding all those temp files. How would I do that?
therube

Re: Quickly include the exclude list entries in the result list?

Post by therube »

That would be my thought.
Multiple instances.
And you could even have them running - at the same time, & with different taskbar icons (to differentiate one from another).
Similarly, if one can be more "static" then the other, you could disable updates & only manually do a Force Rebuild when you feel the need to.