Why everything wants to start automatically when my computer start?

General discussion related to "Everything".
xenoamess

Why everything wants to start automatically when my computer start?

Post by xenoamess »

Or deeper, what does everything do on the backstage?
I asked this because in my observation, everything seems do nothing right when it at backstage.
I plugged in a disk with everything on backstage, and when I open everything , it still need almost the same time to index the files.
Seems everything did not do indexing while in backstage at all.
So my question is, if everything does not do any indexing at backstage, what is it actually doing?
And is it good to not allow everything start with the computer, but start it only when you need to use it?
vsub

Re: Why everything wants to start automatically when my computer start?

Post by vsub »

If you mean the everything service,that service as far as i know just allows everything to read ntfs file systems without admin privileges,it doesn't actually scan the hdd
If you mean the program itself,then there is probably a problem.
And no,there is no problem for everything to be started along with windows(there is actually a little problem but that doesn't bother me and you can kinda fix that)
On windows restart there is ALWAYS changes done to the files on your hdd so everything scan for changes which can increase the cpu usage for a while and maybe slow down the loading of other programs because of the cpu usage

I forget the name of the ini option...it allows you to set a delay before scanning the hdd(it could be a command line,not option)
There is a difference between starting the service and starting the program