Detect if the pdf has comment or mark-up

General discussion related to "Everything".
carvalhar

Detect if the pdf has comment or mark-up

Post by carvalhar »

Hi,

I have thousands of pdfs and I don't know anymore which ones I already have read.
Is there an option to search inside a folder for pdfs with any comment or mark-up (text selection)?
I don't need to search for a keyword, I'd like just to discover the ones I have already read (because they have annotations on comments bullets or just marking up text with red lines or the yellow highlight pen).

Is it possible? How?

Thank you very much.
carvalhar

Re: Detect if the pdf has comment or mark-up

Post by carvalhar »

I don't how to use search syntax, but maybe it's possible to check for files with datecreated inferior to datemodified. Is it possible?
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

carvalhar wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:41 pm I don't how to use search syntax
You can read all about that here.
Alternatively, in Everything: Menu:Help > Search Syntax

but maybe it's possible to check for files with datecreated inferior to datemodified. Is it possible?
When you play around with the search syntax (you can't break anything), you will likely come up with
dm:>dc:

Make sure you narrowed down your search before using that (for example with ext:pdf "c:\my folder" ) as this date comparison can be time consuming.
carvalhar

Post by carvalhar »

I got it working by ext:pdf dm:>dc: "G:\DOCS", but the search returns a lot of pdf even if they weren't changed (maybe some date change when copying them or downloading).

I found a solution through Acrobat Actions with javascript, but it is very slow.

Is there any way to search with Everything for comments and text highlight in pdf?