Is there an easy way to toggle between viewing everything and viewing just folders?

General discussion related to "Everything".
cryptotodd

Is there an easy way to toggle between viewing everything and viewing just folders?

Post by cryptotodd »

I usually want to view everything in my search results, but sometimes I just want to view folders that match my search. I know I can use the menus "search / folder", and I know I can preface my search string with "folder:", but what I'd really like is a hotkey to tell Everything I just want folders. That could be one of two things:
  • A hotkey that toggles the view when I'm already in Everything and viewing search results. This would be analogous to using "search / folder", but much quicker.
  • A hotkey to open Everything in a mode that searches for just folders, so I can have two different hotkeys for bringing up Everything, one to show all files and folders, and another to show just folders.
Is there any way to do the sort of thing I described? I saw lots of functions I can assign to hot keys, but I didn't see anything like this. Thanks for a wonderful program!
horst.epp

Re: Is there an easy way to toggle between viewing everything and viewing just folders?

Post by horst.epp »

You can assign Keyboard shortcuts to the predefined or your own filters filters.
Stamimail

Re: Is there an easy way to toggle between viewing everything and viewing just folders?

Post by Stamimail »

Menu | Search > Manage FIlters... > Select "Folders" > Edit > Hotkey (at bottom)

Also, enable Filters comboBox:
Menu | View > Filters
cryptotodd

Post by cryptotodd »

Perfect - thanks!! (I get "organize filters" instead of "manage filters", but I figured it out.)