E-Mail notification if elements were found

General discussion related to "Everything".
jsc

E-Mail notification if elements were found

Post by jsc »

Hello Community,

today I was looking for a software wich can test in real-time if elements, with an defined name, were found. I tested Everything and I was surprised about the awesome performance.

I am very happy with this tool, but I miss one function: I would like to become notificated if Everything found results for my search request.

Background: In my company, many users got infected by cryptowall virus. This malware encrypts files. If a file has been encrypted, it creates a file with the name "HELP_YOUR_FILES" in which you can find the information how to pay to them to get the files decrypted. I hope no one will pay them. But if this file is created, I would like to receive an E-Mail, so I can interact.

Is it possible to implement this feature?

Many thanks in advice! :)
halit

Re: E-Mail notification if elements were found

Post by halit »

I add to the wish. This is very relevant.
It would be nice to make an email or telegram alert in certain circumstances. For example, the appearance or change in the number of files for a specific mask.
I apologize for Google translation))
NotNull

Re: E-Mail notification if elements were found

Post by NotNull »

A DIY solution is quite easy to accomplish, using the ES.exe command-line interface.
A simple example in CMD (untested):

Code: Select all

@echo off
setlocal

:LOOP
   for /f "usebackq" %%x in (`ES.exe "HELP_YOUR_FILES" -get-result-count`) Do set "FOUND=%%x"
   If %FOUND% gtr 0 (
     rem Insert your code here to send mail / ...
   )

timeout 30 /nobreak
goto :LOOP

Also: take a look here and here.

It would be virtually impossible to include every possible way to "communicate" in Everything.