Everything server - multiple "Include Only" mapped to the same path

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
sugoro

Everything server - multiple "Include Only" mapped to the same path

Post by sugoro »

I use drivepool with everything, and I use the "remap" feature detailed in this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&p=17171

This allows all of my mounted drives (mounted, for example, in C:\Drivepool\<SOME_ID>) to be shown as the pool. In my case, everything is Z:\, since I only have a single pool.

With the new server, I figured it would become a lot easier, since editing the remaps is very hard by hand, and it also kinda breaks the "Indexes -> NTFS" settings. It will show all my Z:\ drives as removed, and if I remove anything, it will break the remaps. I even created an autohotkey script to warn me if I ever click the settings.

I tried using the "Include only" with remap feature of the server, but it seems it does not support multiple includes mapped to the same path/drive, neither on the server itself, nor the client. It will not merge the results.

Is this intended? If it is, I can continue using the old remaps by editing the ini file by hand, but it seems having it supported on the server config itself would be much nicer.

Incidentally, if support for this is added, it would also be very nice if it deduped the results.
The issue itself and the use-case are detailed in this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6235&p=18697

Thanks for all your work!

EDIT:
After investigating a bit more, the server will also not include anything from drives that I'm remapping to the same path directly in the ini, with the feature mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=4&p=17171

Accessing via ETP shows the expected results, but via the "Network Index" will only show the first disk that was mapped to the path.
void
Developer

Re: Everything server - multiple "Include Only" mapped to the same path

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback sugoro,
breaks the "Indexes -> NTFS" settings. It will show all my Z:\ drives as removed, and if I remove anything, it will break the remaps.
I will look into this.
I tried using the "Include only" with remap feature of the server, but it seems it does not support multiple includes mapped to the same path/drive, neither on the server itself, nor the client. It will not merge the results.
Everything only supports one remapping per 'include only'.
I will consider an option to add the same Everything Server multiple times on the client to support multiple remappings per include.
Incidentally, if support for this is added, it would also be very nice if it deduped the results.
I have a dedupe feature implemented. However, it is currently inaccessible.
Could you please let me know what the find dupe performance is like for you?
-Right click the Size column header and click Find duplicates. -you can expect the same performance from the dedupe functionality.
I will look into an option to enable dedupe. However, expect it to severely reduce your search performance.
After investigating a bit more, the server will also not include anything from drives that I'm remapping to the same path directly in the ini
Could you please send me your Everything Debug Log when showing the Tools -> Options -> NTFS page:
  • In Everything, please make sure the Options window is closed.
  • Start debug logging.
  • Open Tools -> Options -> NTFS.
  • Stop debug logging.
  • Please send me your %TEMP%\Everything Debug Log.txt and a screenshot of the NTFS options page so
    I have an idea of your setup.
void
Developer

Re: Everything server - multiple "Include Only" mapped to the same path

Post by void »

Thank you for the debug logs sugoro,

Everything 1.5.0.1253a addresses an issue with remapping paths with the same name.

There are still limitations with indexing duplicated paths in a network index.
I have put on my TODO list to add support for merging duplicated paths.
Currently only the first disk will index correctly.

I am working on the path sorting issue..