Everything 1.5 does not seem to be catching all changes to hardlinked folders

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
JTCGiants56

Everything 1.5 does not seem to be catching all changes to hardlinked folders

Post by JTCGiants56 »

I have a folder set in everything that is a hardlink. By default I know it will not see changes to this. That is why I set it manually as a folder and for everything to check every 30 minutes for updates. This works fine in 1.4, but 1.5 does not seem to always see changes after hours and hours, unless I do a full force reindex.

Settings -
erg.png
erg.png (19.42 KiB) Viewed 8128 times
void
Developer

Re: Everything 1.5 does not seem to be catching all changes to hardlinked folders

Post by void »

Thank you for the bug report JTCGiants56,

This is a bug.
Everything is using the date modified from the folder junction source (instead of the target) when performing a fast rescan.
This will be fixed in the next alpha update.

For now, please disable fast rescan from Tools -> Options -> Folders -> Select folder -> Uncheck Fast rescan.

I have also found an issue with files not being removed after a rescan.
I am working on a fix.
JTCGiants56

Re: Everything 1.5 does not seem to be catching all changes to hardlinked folders

Post by JTCGiants56 »

void wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:18 am Thank you for the bug report JTCGiants56,

This is a bug.
Everything is using the date modified from the folder junction source (instead of the target) when performing a fast rescan.

For now, please disable fast rescan from Tools -> Options -> Folders -> Select folder -> Uncheck Fast rescan.

I have also found an issue with files not being removed after a rescan.
I am working on a fix.
You're welcome. Sounds good, I will wait for the fix.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1301a fixes an issue with updating folder junctions with fast rescan enabled.

Everything was reading the time stamp from the folder junction source (instead of the folder function target).
So Everything would never update any files/folders directly in the folder junction with fast rescan enabled.

I also fixed an issue with detecting deleted folders.
JTCGiants56

Post by JTCGiants56 »

void wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:17 am Everything 1.5.0.1301a fixes an issue with updating folder junctions with fast rescan enabled.

Everything was reading the time stamp from the folder junction source (instead of the folder function target).
So Everything would never update any files/folders directly in the folder junction with fast rescan enabled.

I also fixed an issue with detecting deleted folders.
I'm not sure if this issue has resurfaced in the latest build. I seem to be having the same issue again.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for the issue report JTCGiants56,

I did make a small change here and Everything is no longer reading the correct date modified on the root folder.

BTW, is the reparse target an NTFS volume?
-If not, please disable "Fast rescan" under Tools -> Options -> Folders
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1319a fixes an issue with updating folder junctions with fast rescan enabled.

Everything should now read file information for the root folder correctly.
Previously the information was read incorrectly so the folder would never update if fast rescan was enabled.
JTCGiants56

Post by JTCGiants56 »

void wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:20 am Everything 1.5.0.1319a fixes an issue with updating folder junctions with fast rescan enabled.

Everything should now read file information for the root folder correctly.
Previously the information was read incorrectly so the folder would never update if fast rescan was enabled.
Thanks void!