Explorer++ folder size column fix using Everything, if anyone wants it.

Plug-in and third party software discussion.
Janus
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Explorer++ folder size column fix using Everything, if anyone wants it.

Postby Janus » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:40 pm

I have just gotten working replacing the foldersize function in explorer++ with an Everything search instead.
Now instead of reading and calculating folder sizes via disk or lan, it just asks Everything, for everything.

It is currently Alpha, but works so far.
It also gives the sizes of shares on lan servers that are indexed just as fast as it does on disk.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

I warn you though, I am not a real C/C++ programmer.
The code will need reformatting and cleaning for more general usage.


Janus.

therube
Posts: 1726
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Explorer++ folder size column fix using Everything, if anyone wants it.

Postby therube » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:42 pm

So this is integrated into Explorer++ or only called from Explorer++?

How about a screenshot.


(Can't believe that he includes the word " bytes" in the size column [when set to bytes]. You should request that the word 'bytes' be dropped.)

Janus
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: Explorer++ folder size column fix using Everything, if anyone wants it.

Postby Janus » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:12 am

@therube

I replaced the procedure

HRESULT CalculateFolderSize(TCHAR *szPath, int *nFolders, int *nFiles,PULARGE_INTEGER lTotalFolderSize)

In the file FolderSize.cpp under Helper.

The program looks exactly the same, only it fills in the size data for folders from Everything instead of spending time reading the drive directly.

Right now it replaces the normal routine, returning zero (0) if the directory is not indexed, or Everything is not loaded.
I will will be adding a fall through back to the old routine when I get time.

And it is a lot faster than letting explorer++ try to read Seamonkey, Reactos' SVN tree, Or Android's, or ... Well, you get the idea.

P.S. I replaced bytes with a capital B in mine.


Return to “Development, plugins and third party software”